Leads the design of the competency based training and assessment model for BCRTC to support business objectives and
close performance gaps. Acts as a trusted advisor for business partners and SMEs developing relationships and
collaborating across the organization to identify needs and recommend training solutions aligned to business objectives.
Provides guidance and senior expert advice on the design, development and delivery of all training programs.
- Leads the design and development of the competency based training and assessment model including the skill standards,
training catalog, assessment measures and tools, certification and following up plans. Supports the Manager Training on
the change management during the implementation of competency based training model. Provides training, coaching and
advice to managers and employees.
- Liaises with business leaders, managers and subject matter experts to understand business objectives, identify
competency and skill gap, analyzes training needs and establishes learning objectives. Determines the required training
strategy and appropriate delivery system and creating learning solutions that are appropriate for the organization
context. Designs and refines assessment strategy and expected outcomes for multiple complex training and development
- Oversees the design and update of all the training courses tied to the defined competencies and skills. Reviews and
approves all instructional materials, ensuring alignment with the defined training standards/procedures and the changing
industry and regulatory requirements.
- Provides senior expert advice in creating multi-media materials. Reviews and confirms all the eLearning materials,
ensuring alignment with the enterprise eLearning standards and Learning Management System (LMS) requirement. Works with
external training vendors to ensure the training programs and assessment align with BCRTC standards.
- Leads the development of training policies, processes, design standards, templates, tools, and metrics to support the
consistency within all the training courses provided by the department. Provides training and advice to other staff in
the training department. Proactively researches best practice, trends and methods to support an optimum approach to
training programs and services.
- Designs, develops and implements measurement and evaluation strategies to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of
- Provides day-to-day supervision of reporting staff, including involvement in selection, coaching, development, and
performance management. Schedules the distribution of work, monitors workloads and makes adjustments, and also carries
out the more complex elements of the work.