How do I qualify?
- Adult education theory, principles and techniques to develop training standards and courses
- Interviewing and facilitation skills and knowledge of consultation techniques to interview and consult with subject matter experts and to conduct focus group sessions
- Project management principles and techniques to plan and coordinate research projects
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis skills to analyze and evaluate research data/information
- You have demonstrated knowledge in office technology and computer software, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, to produce research instruments, prepare reports, correspondence, briefings, and presentations
- You possess knowledge of best practices in development of multi-media (e-learning) materials
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- You have demonstrated written communication skills to summarize research findings, prepare training reports, briefings, Executive Management Submissions, and correspondence
- You have strong communication skills to liaise and conduct presentations to a variety of staff, stakeholders, and groups
- You can interview subject matter experts, facilitate focus groups and communities of practice
- You can collaborate with course coordinators, other police services, etc. on various training issues and initiatives
- You can propose recommendations or influence on alternative methods with clients and management
- You have interpersonal skills to deliver pilot and specialized courses/workshops
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- You possess problem-solving skills to identify performance gaps and develop training solutions to address organizational priorities
- You can identify strategies and resources for generating reliable and valid data
- You have ability to select and apply research techniques and methodologies to collect information
- You can utilize evaluation instruments and techniques to evaluate training
- You can resolve any logistical issues and coordinate course development projects
Salary Range: $78,790.40 - $93,745.60 per year
- 2 Temporary, duration up to 36 months (with possible extension), 10716 Hacienda Rd, Aylmer, West Region, General Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 98386, by Thursday, April 13, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.