Are you a mission driven professional with the desire to bring your passion and expertise to the full talent life-cycle of a top five nationally ranked higher educational fundraising organization?
If you are looking to leave your mark, we are looking for you. As America's first research university-and one of the most renowned academic and healthcare institutions in the world-Johns Hopkins University's Office of Development and Alumni Relations offers an unsurpassed opportunity to build a career you'll be proud of while contributing to our mission to bring knowledge to the world. Our primary responsibility is to strengthen the Johns Hopkins Institution through partnerships with donors, volunteers, faculty, alumni, friends and patients through, collaboration, people, relationships, integrity, innovation, and trust. We are deeply committed to our team of over 500 individuals who bring their talent, energy, and enthusiasm to the work place. Here, you'll meet a group of colleagues that believe in collaboration, professional growth, and innovation.
The Executive Director of Talent Management and Human Resources is a key leadership role on the DAR Executive Team responsible for developing, communicating, and executing a comprehensive talent strategy that supports and drives a high performance culture in the Johns Hopkins University Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) program. As the champion of the full talent life-cycle, this role will partner with Executive Team members in DAR, HR leadership at the University, and members of his/her team to evaluate, design (as needed), lead, and assist in all talent-related activities including, talent management, talent acquisition, workforce planning, employee relations, compliance, compensation and benefits, diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, performance management, succession planning, learning and organizational development. This position has a matrixed reporting relationship to the Senior Associate Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations and the Johns Hopkins University Office of Human Resources, sitting as a member on the Johns Hopkins Human Resources Leadership Council.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the current DAR Talent Management Roadmap and develop a sustainable strategy for DAR talent management initiatives and programs such as, talent acquisition, workforce planning, employee relations, compliance, compensation and benefits, diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, competencies, performance management, succession planning, HR analytics, learning and organizational development.
- Integrate talent management practices across the entire employee life-cycle.
- Partner with the DAR Executive Team on evaluating talent needs and provide innovative solutions.
- Remain current on talent management approaches, trends, and guidelines.
- Review the current Talent Acquisition Roadmap for DAR and develop a sustainable and measurable strategy with a reasonable time line for implementation.
- Build talent pools that support and strengthen DAR and create a framework that provides a clear view of talent supply and demand.
- Partnering with Central HR Talent Acquisition, evaluate the Johns Hopkins University SuccessFactors platform for its ability to provide applicant tracking, employee tracking, reporting, and analytics.
- Develop a clear recruitment presence that distinguishes JHU DAR in the employment market.
- Leverage social media and various forms of technology to engage talent.
Human Resources Management
- Working knowledge and application of HR policies and procedures including federal laws and regulations pertaining to employment and employee relations.
- Assess performance management practices by managers in DAR and provide strategic leadership and guidance for best practices and managerial accountability.
- Review the DAR succession planning process and career path management strategies, identifying gaps, creating action plans where needed.
- Oversite of DAR competencies, benefits, recognition, rewards and employee engagement mechanisms in partnership with Johns Hopkins Central Human Resource team.
Learning and Organizational Development
- Review the DAR Learning and Development Roadmap and make appropriate recommendations.
- Oversee the development of top talent and high-potential programs which foster growth of key employees on both the exempt and non-exempt level.
- Drive the development and delivery of training programs, resources, and tools that support the ongoing development of all DAR team members.
- Develop the strategy for HR analytics and reporting and work with team to create, manage, and maintain talent reporting metrics and analytics to evaluate the effectiveness of DAR's talent strategies. For example, turnover rates, vacancy rates, talent acquisition, performance management, and return on investment of talent initiatives.
- Create a measure for internal and external customer satisfaction.
Diversity and Inclusion
- Maintain and update the DAR Diversity and Inclusion Roadmap in consultation with the Executive Team. Report on metrics around the roadmap.
- Ensure that diversity and inclusion elements and strategies are built into the work of all the units: Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, and Learning and Development.
- Oversee a team of nine individuals representing the following units, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, and Learning and Development.
- Effectively communicate a clear vision and direction for the team and align that vision to the mission and values of DAR.
- Set clear performance objectives for self and others.
- Provide guidance and feedback to help team members strengthen their knowledge and skills.
- Establish an environment that enables staff to be innovative while effectively balancing risk and opportunity.
- Oversee and strategically manage the budget for the office.