Family Service of Lake County, a social service organization located in Highland Park, Illinois, is seeking a well-qualified individual to facilitate educational workshops with middle and high school students and parents through our SELF (Strengthening Emotional Life Foundations) Program.
The SELF program educates middle school students, high school students, and parents about emotionally healthy and safe lifestyle choices. The program is presented in an interactive, educational setting and includes topics such as peer pressure, self-image, relationships, bullying, online safety and other social issues pertaining to community youth and parents. The ideal applicant will demonstrate a passion for the work of Family Service of Lake County, be enthusiastic, communicative, a self-directed professional, and capable of working in a highly collegial and flexible environment.
SUPERVISIOR: Director of Latino & Youth Programs
WORK SCHEDULE: 20 hours per week, including some early evening hours
- Facilitate/teach lesson plans and activities related to social-emotional health in classroom settings at community partner sites.
- Facilitate/teach lesson plans and activities for parents at local schools, partner agencies and at parent meetings.
- Collect and analyze pre- and post-test data, and prepare reports with outcomes and program highlights.
- Strategize and implement the successful transition of SELF curricula to a technology-based format.
- Stay informed about current events and topics of interest to youth, particularly related to social-emotional health
- Supplement and develop culturally-relevant lesson plans for youth and adults.
- Maintain and update program materials with articles, activities and resources.
- Strengthen and/or build professional partnerships with School Districts 112 and 113, after-school programs, religious and civic groups, and social service organizations in the Highland Park and Highwood communities.
- Partner closely with other program staff to ensure program goals are met.
Additional Job Duties:
- Along with Director and program staff, attend meetings with School District 112 and 113 administrators and staff to plan, coordinate implement, and evaluate programming.
- Attend team meetings and other relevant community meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.