Coordinator of Instructional Design and Development (Coordinator of Instructional Technology)
MCCC Unit Professional position, Grade 7, 12 month position
Serves as a key member of the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Innovation (CTLI) staff. In collaboration with the Director of the CTLI, coordinate programs, resources and initiatives that support faculty throughout the instructional design and development process. Work directly with faculty to ensure quality, promote innovation, and encourage continuous improvement across all teaching and learning modalities, from conception to outcomes assessment, through the application of sound principles and best practices of instructional design. Provide support and guidance in the effective use of technology in the classroom, the design of online and hybrid courses, the development and application of collaborative learning environments (from high-tech to no-tech), and the integration of formative and summative assessment to verify and improve specifications. Participate as a key contributor to the Technology Across the Curriculum (TAC) program and other professional development initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instructional Design and Development
- Support faculty in developing strategies that contribute to effective teaching and learning across the continuum of instructional modalities, including, but not limited to, online, face-to-face, hybrid, accelerated, collaborative, and flex designs.
- In collaboration with faculty, design, develop and promote innovations in teaching that maximize the student learning experience.
- Consult with faculty in the systematic design of learning environments that blend modalities across physical and digital resources.
- In collaboration with faculty, academic departments, and the Director of the CTLI, establish and maintain measurable instructional objectives and standards from which to develop sound instructional models.
- Work closely with faculty and the Sr. Specialist for Learner Effectiveness throughout the design and development process towards embedding assessment strategies that inform academic program review and related self-study activities.
- Co-lead the Technology Across the Curriculum program, serving as a member of the proposal selection committee and as a facilitator throughout the online training and course development process.
- Facilitate faculty professional development programs and workshops dedicated to instructional development and participate as a key member of the planning groups for the Summer Technology Institute and Institutional Professional Days.
- Actively research and apply emerging instructional models and the resources and technologies that support them
- Apply knowledge of Learning Management Systems, online and open education resources, mobile apps and technologies, collaborative tools, and presentation technologies toward instructional design specifications developed in partnership with faculty.
- Lead selected professional development initiatives for both full-time part-time faculty.
- Coordination and Management
- Supervise the Instructional Technology Assistant in providing first tier faculty technical support and in the collection of LMS data for purposes of analysis and continuous improvement.
- Work closely with CTLI staff on the design and delivery of departmental programs and activities
- Maintain a dynamic resource repository (print and online) pertaining to teaching and learning research, curriculum design/redesign, course development, technology, innovative practices, and assessment.
- Participate in college-wide activities and initiatives including governance, special projects and potential grant initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
SALARY: Anticipated starting salary range $65,161.00 - $69,000.00 per year for 12 months. Actual salary will be commensurate with education and experience in accordance with the MCCC/MTA collaborative bargaining agreement.
STARTING DATE: ASAP
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Director, Center for Teaching Learning and Innovation
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Instructional Technology Assistant
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Submit cover letter and resume no later than Sunday, May 14, 2017. Applicants selected for an interview will need to provide copies of all academic transcripts and names, addresses, email and telephone number of at least three current professional references.