Job Description: Fatherhood Initiative Group Facilitator (.5 FTE)
Center: Lawndale (Chicago, IL)
Reports To: Program Manager
OVERVIEW: Family Focus’ mission is to promote the well-being of children from birth by supporting and strengthening their families as individual units and within their communities. We are committed to ensuring our centers provide exemplary services with innovative programs and that family support principles are integrated into every aspect of the work.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position plays a central role in fulfilling those two commitments. The Director of Family Services will provide oversight through monitoring center standards, exposure to staff training, facilitating team meetings and insuring high quality program content. Facilitate learning through peer and instructor led groups by planning and implementing lesson plans in specialty area according to program requirements. This position will also require the ability to effectively work with other internal programs to ensure a maximum recruitment, outreach and participant retention. The Group facilitator is expected to gain an understanding of Family Support Principles and infuse those principles in group facilitation in an effort to execute best practices and assist with program sustainability.
- Develop focused, creative, and interactive discussions and activities in specialty area that combine different learning approaches, using the National Fatherhood Initiative 24/7 Dad curriculum as a foundation.
- Lesson plans must be submitted a week prior to instruction.
- Keep accurate attendance records –sign-in sheets and electronic files.
- Generate and maintain performance portfolios for each participant.
- Motivate participants to increase their performance, attendance, and program retention.
- Actively recruit fathers in the community, community-based agencies, state departments and organizations that are providing services to fathers.
- Actively engage in internal and external outreach efforts.
- Participate in center meetings and training as scheduled.
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical standards of practice with families and coworkers.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Uphold the Family Focus mission through daily tasks and incorporate the principles of family support in lessons as possible.
- Administer participant surveys and program evaluations.
- Work with other program sites to facilitate Fatherhood events.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required, Associate or Bachelors preferred.
- Must be willing to complete required trainings in program model, family support, CPR/First Aid, and other areas as mandated by funder.
- Three years paid or volunteer experience working with families and children.
- Experience in leading group discussion.
- Ability to work in a team to develop and carryout an integrated program.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly in writing.
- Be self-directed, able to accomplish tasks with minimum supervision, yet open to feedback.
- Computer skills including word processing, internet research, and spreadsheets.
- Experience in working with culturally diverse communities and families with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Knowledge and understanding of the community.
- Submit to and clear a background check.
Qualified Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume.
Please visit http://www.family-focus.org/about-us/employment-opportunities for additional information.
Family Focus values a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on agency needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. Qualified applicants will be considered in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.