Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 21,000 of the most talented hearts and minds in medicine.
Through Centura Health’s 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician clinics, Flight for Life® Colorado, home care and hospice services, we offer a diverse range of work settings in a Colorado or Kansas community you will love to call home.
Enjoy amazing people, competitive pay, some of the best benefits in the industry and plenty of opportunity for professional growth and development.
If you’re ready to discover the difference of working for a fully-integrated health system with a non-profit, faith-based mission to care, we look forward to receiving your application.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 94350
MUST HAVE HEALTHCARE, PROCESS IMPROVEMENT AND LEAN EXPERIENCE
Leads, manages, and oversees clinical and business process-improvement opportunities across the system and
operating groups. Partners with system and operating group leaders to identify, prioritize and address strategic
initiatives across multiple entities that align with value optimization areas of outcome effectiveness, service,
convenience and cost. Leads innovation, process-improvement excellence, and change through the application of
Lean/Six Sigma methodology, change management tools, and rapid decision-making processes. Provides expertise
and serves as resource to teams. Mentors, coaches, and teaches leaders and associates in the use of statistical tools,
Lean/Six Sigma, and change management techniques to ensure timely completion of projects and expected results.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Health or related field; equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- High school diploma or GED.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Advanced experience in a process-improvement environment including project management, change management and leading Lean/Six Sigma project teams.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills with successful measurable results.
- Knowledge of organizational principles and standards for health systems, desired.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification, preferred.
- Change Facilitator training, preferred.
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
- Leads, manages, and oversees clinical and business process-improvement opportunities across the system and operating groups.*
- Partners with system and operating group leaders to identify, prioritize and address strategic initiatives across multiple entities that align with value optimization areas of outcome effectiveness, service, convenience and cost.*
- Drives current and future initiatives. Maintains current knowledge of initiatives throughout implementation and accommodates the progressivity and dynamicity of new initiatives.*
- Demonstrates proven expertise and in-depth knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma process to enable problem definition, measurement of current state performance, identification of root causes and variation, analyze data, build solutions that bring sustainable change and maintain control using key indicators/metrics.*
- Facilitates identification of improvement opportunities within assigned Value Stream or project.*
- Assists with development, evaluation and revision of Lean/Six Sigma Process Improvement training materials to enhance the program for leadership, physicians and associates. Assists in training sessions.*
- Acts as the lead trainer for Lean/Six Sigma and Change Management training classes.*
- Fosters a continual process improvement environment throughout the organization – be a role model for change.*
- Works with organizational leaders to manage and implement Lean/Six Sigma projects. Plans and evaluates using project management techniques. *
- Coaches and mentors leaders and associates in the principles of Lean/Six Sigma and change management to drive sustainable change and exceptional outcomes.*
- Assists in coaching other Lean/Six Sigma facilitators within the team to advance their Process Improvement skillsets.*
- Uses Change Management tools to plan strategic change projects.*
- Uses facilitation tools to plan problem solving sessions with multidisciplinary teams.*
- Uses facilitation tools to run meetings and motivate team members to participate and take ownership of solutions.*
- Applies/maintains working and teaching knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) software and advanced computer skills: MINITAB, Excel, PowerPoint and Vision.*
- Encourages commitment, dedication, teamwork, accepts responsibilities for choices, meets deadlines and challenges others to be creative, with critical out-of-box thinking.*
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Process Improvement/Lean experience in a Healthcare environment.
- Sedentary Work - prolonged periods of sitting and exert/lift up to 10 lbs. force occasionally)
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.