Teamwork. Integrity. Excellence. We are Aspire. Voted as one of the ‘Best and Brightest Companies to work for in the nation in 2015 and in 2016, we know that Together, We’re Better!
Aspire was founded in 1960 and is recognized as a leader in providing bold, pioneering, and uncompromising services to kids and adults with developmental disabilities, their families and the community through our four enterprises: Aspire Kids, Aspire Living, Aspire Careers and Aspire CoffeeWorks.
We are one of the most innovative human service non-profits in the Midwest, with an incredibly talented and dedicated team of more than 200 that serves more than 1,000 children, adults each year, and that number is growing fast! Having a strong reputation for nationally recognized, innovative programs, Aspire was featured on the TODAY show as “a local not-for-profit doing amazing things”.
Aspire is currently searching for a dynamic and passionate individual to join our team as a Career Facilitator. If you are determined to make a difference in the community and in people’s lives, we want to talk to you!
Develop and implement curricula designed to promote employment skills for individuals with Intellectual Disabilities to enhance employability. Creates customize curricula based on the Individual worker's strengths and needs. Provide coaching and guidance to direct support team members in the delivery of activities.
- Participant in on the job training for Industry specific norms, and develop/create task analysis of S.O.P.'s (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Develop curricula in career areas to met industry specific standards/norms.
- Prepare lesson plans and training schedules.
- Train PA's and Individual's served on industry's S.O.P's.
- Evaluate/assess Individual for career interests, dreams, goals, skill strengths and areas of needed skill development.
- Develop plans and recommendations for Individual ISP that meet individual career interests, dreams, skill strengths and areas of needed skill development.
- Ensure proper record documentation by Completing and monitoring Individuals goal tracking.
- Takes an active role as member of the Career Team; working with Associate Director, Manager, Job Developer, Coordinator, Job Placement Coaches, QIDP's, & PA's.
- Develop and maintain corporate relationships in assigned industry area.
- Create and score an outcome measurement tools.
- Maintain familiarity with individualized behavior programs and implement accordingly
- Monitor Individuals health, behavior, clothing and hygiene and take corrective action when necessary.
- Communicate concerns to appropriate interdisciplinary team members in order to support individual needs, goals and growth.
- Attend professional development sessions.
- Monitor and/or create incident reports as needed ® Transport participants as needed
- Perform and assist with personal care, including by not limited to, toileting, transferring, feeding, showering, as needed.
- Complete all required paperwork and assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.