The Manager of Technical Talent Management will be accountable for supporting the design, development, implementation and evaluation of Rockwell Automation's key technical talent management and organization effectiveness processes and programs. This professional will partner with HR and business leaders to understand and address unique talent needs globally. Specifically, this will require aligning talent management, talent development, and STEM outreach practices with business needs to attract, upskill, and retain talent. Additionally, this role will ensure that global frameworks, processes and programs are applied optimally across the enterprise to maximize our employees and organizational capability.
Ideal candidates will have human resources experience in a highly technical organization developing, evolving, and implementing talent management practices for targeted populations.
Key priorities include:
- Driving continuous improvement and evolution of technical talent review processes to align organizational actions with identified talent needs
- Developing and reporting enterprise-wide technical talent review analytics to drive the right behaviors for developing technical talent
- Partnering with HR peers and business units globally to identify and implement knowledge transfer/management mechanisms to ensure business-critical knowledge is retained
- Establishing and implementing mechanisms to evaluate effectiveness of technical talent programs and initiatives, as well as developing recommendations for future enhancements and adjustments
- Leading implementation of the STEM talent pipeline strategy, leveraging STEM advocacy and outreach work as a means to further strengthen and diversify our technical talent pipeline
- Utilizing effective change management techniques to embed and sustain usage of newly created and modified technical talent management processes and programs into company culture
- Linking existing career management tools to development paths for technical talent; ensuring clarity in messaging for managers and employees alike
- Staying current on industry best practices with respect to Technical Talent Management and Organization Effectiveness, and leveraging this knowledge to develop innovative solutions for talent programs
- Managing and developing a competent and capable team accountable to meet and/or exceed defined business goals in support of HR and business strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- 8 years of HR experience, supporting technical and/or engineering organizations, including proven experience in talent management activities
- Experience in a global complex matrix organization
- Proven experience to lead change management initiatives
- Understanding of and ability to measure the effectiveness of systems/technology/tools as a part of talent programs
- Project management experience
- Prior people management or team leadership experience strongly desired
- Strong analytical skills; ability to distill information from disparate data sources and the capability to tell the story behind it, as well as recommendations for next steps
- Robust communication capabilities ability to develop clear and compelling messaging and resources for managers, employees, and HR peers
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to develop creative solutions in a resource-limited environment
- Open mindset and willingness to learn and promote new philosophies to impact culture and organizational transformation initiatives
- Automation or related industry experience
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.