To apply: https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25081&siteid=5066&AReq=19121BR&Codes=KPMGMYC
Organizational Context and Background
The mandate of Global L&D is to develop and execute a learning strategy that builds the capability needed to achieve KPMG’s business strategies and priority annual business goals. Global L&D’s goal is to deliver high quality, efficient and effective learning and performance support solutions directly aligned to business needs and future talent requirements.
The Global L&D is responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of the L&D strategies for:
- Global Audit
- Global Tax
- Global Advisory
- Sales & Markets (Sectors and SGIs)
The audience for the performance and learning solutions provided by Global L&D is very diverse and encompasses all employees of KPMG (over 180,000 globally) – partners, professionals and support staff. Solutions include performance and knowledge management support, formal training (both digital and in-classroom), learning on-the-job opportunities and learning through collaboration with others. The Global L&D Strategy focuses on optimizing L&D quality/efficiency/scalability, increasing adoption of solutions, partnering with member firm L&D networks and achieving a culture of leader-enabled, learner accountable continuous learning.
Fully aligned with business requirements, Global L&D oversees the identification and prioritization of performance and learning solutions, the design and development of these solutions to best in class standards, deployment to member firms and the associated measurement. In addition, Global L&D is responsible for identifying and implementing innovative approaches to learning including the appropriate technology platforms and tools with support from Global Information Technology Services.
The Project Lead, Global Tax reports to the Performance Solutions Lead, Global Tax and is responsible for the end-to-end design and development and/or curation of a portfolio of learning and performance solutions in Global Tax. These solutions are primarily focused on building or enhancing technical capabilities across Global Tax but may include business and leadership content.
Business Execution and Continuous Improvement
- Supports the Performance Solutions Lead, Tax in scoping proposed learning and/or performance solutions and preparing the High Level Design Document and associated resource requirements for large or complex projects AND/OR Leads the scoping of proposed learning /performance solutions for small to medium complex projects and prepares the High Level Design Document and associated budget requirements for approval by the Performance Solutions Lead, l Tax, the Strategic Business Partner, Tax and the respective business leaders
- Researches internal/external content to meet the business needs
- Identifies opportunities to re-purpose solutions cross-functionally and/or incorporate leadership/business content
- Identifies potential SMEs
Business Execution and Continuous Improvement, continued
- Leads the detailed design and development activities for assigned portfolio of projects
- Supports the Performance Solutions Lead, Tax in identifying and engaging needed resources
- Provides background and contextual information for the assigned project team
- Ensures the timely and appropriate engagement of SMEs throughout the end-to-end design and development cycle
- Leads the project team in identifying the most appropriate modality for the learning and performance solutions
- Oversees the instructional design activities and development of course content
- Partners with the Senior Manager, Leadership & Talent Development to develop or curate leadership and business capability content where applicable
- Leads the development of instructor briefings. Trainings and liaises with external vendors as required
- Partners with the Measurement & Analytics COE to identify and implement the most appropriate evaluation tools
- Partners with the Project Manager to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and meet the business needs
- Ensures critical success factors and project risks are identified and managed
- Identifies and implements QA processes for project
- Ensures alignment with key Global Advisory and Global L&D initiatives
- Ensures compliance with Global L&D design and development architecture and standards as well as the measurement requirements and takes corrective action as necessary
- Monitors the effectiveness of the Global Tax solutions developed to identify and implement opportunities to improve efficiency/ effectiveness
- Maintains ongoing, productive relationships with: - Global L&D - Offshore vendors - SMEs in Tax
Team and Professional Leadership
- Provides input and feedback on individuals providing support to Performance Solutions, Tax in terms of job accountabilities, annual goals and performance Leverage Global Tax L&D networking channels to share ideas, best practices and content, as appropriate
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.