To apply: https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25081&siteid=5066&AReq=19356BR&Codes=KPMGMYC
About KPMG International and the Global Resource Centre
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services, operating in 152 countries with 189,000 people and with global revenues in FY16 of more than $25.42 billion. KPMG International, a matrix organization, works at the global level and sets strategy, ensures global consistency and provides expertise to support member firms in the achievement of their business and Employer of Choice objectives. Many resources to support Global have been centralized at the Global Resource Centre (GRC) in Toronto. The GRC provides Global Marketing & Communications, Learning & Development, Procurement, Risk, Finance and IT.
The Performance Solutions Lead, Curation reports directly to the Head of Global L&D Performance Solutions and is responsible for the end-to-end curation of learning and performance support solutions for Global L&D. These solutions are focused on building or enhancing technical, leadership and business capabilities across KPMG that directly align with business needs. This role requires strong project management skills, an ability to connect ideas and resources for new purposes and an eye for quality learning solutions. The Performance Lead, Curation is responsible for needs assessment, collection, content assessment and globalization of learning solutions that align to the business needs in Audit, Tax, Advisory, Sales & Markets or cross-functionally. This role may also be responsible for developing/ maintaining a highly capable team of learning and development professionals to deliver high quality, timely, curated solutions (at the lowest cost).
- Maintains a strong understanding of Global L&D business strategies, plans and current priorities.
- Supports the PS Functional Leads and Head of Global L&D Performance Solutions in developing the rolling short- and mid-term Global L&D plans including budget requirements.
Business Execution and Continuous Improvement
- Develops and maintains the Global L&D curation approach, processes and required tools and templates.
- Leads the end-to-end curation of learning and performance solutions for Global Audit, Tax, Advisory, Sales & Markets as per the Global L&D plans:
- Scopes the proposed solution and prepares, or supports the Project Lead in developing, the project scope and associated budget
- Finds, filters, assesses, synthesizes, edits, and prepares content for deployment:
- Identifies opportunities to re-purpose solutions cross-functionally.
- Identifies opportunities for joint development with the member firm L&D teams and/or KPMG Learning Academy (KLA)
- Identifies external content/programs that can be purchased or leveraged to address the business need.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce the design/development cycle and/or reduce the cost.
- Identifies opportunities to pilot new technologies.
- Oversees detailed curation, design and development activities:
- Partners with the Senior Manager, Performance Solutions Resource Team, Manager, Global L&D Operations Support and Global Supply Management to engage any external vendors.
- Partners with the member firm L&D leads to secure resources for shared needs.
- Partners with the Senior Manager, Performance Solutions Resource Team to secure internal/external Instructional design services, QA services, internal/external development resources and/or offshore resources.
- Partners with the Senior Manager, Global L&D Operations Support to secure project management resources
- Partners with the Strategic Business Partners to secure subject matter experts as needed.
- Collaborates and consults with the respective team leaders from the Performance Solutions team to establish and maintain cross-functional relationships, communications and consistency
- Defines program KPIs and ensures regular program optimization/ continual improvement based on ongoing measurement.
- Monitors quality and timeliness of solutions:
- Ensures alignment with key Global Audit, Tax, Advisory, Sales & Markets and Global L&D initiatives.
- Ensures the appropriate engagement of key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with Global L&D design/development architecture and standards as well as the measurement requirements.
- Monitors project dashboards and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Manages the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Identifies and shares curation best practices across the other Performance Solutions functions.
- Builds and maintains an inventory of the Global curriculum in the regions and key member firms and identifies opportunities to re-purpose local content for global use.
- Communicates and fosters relationships with member firms
- Provides advice and counsel to the Strategic Business Partners, as well as the Senior Manager, Global L&D Deployment and Senior Manager, Deployment Enablement, on how to most effectively deploy the new/revised solutions.
- Monitors the effectiveness of Performance Solutions architecture standards, processes, tools in regard to curation efforts and interfaces with other partners, to identify and implement opportunities to improve efficiency,
- Builds and maintains ongoing, productive relationships with:
- Global L&D
- Member firm L&D teams; content owners
- Business leaders in Audit, Tax, Advisory, Sales & Markets, as necessary
- Regional L&D leaders in key member firms
- KPMG Learning Academy
Team and Professional Leadership
- Manages one direct report
- May develop staffing profile/job descriptions and staff vacancies with qualified candidates.
- Sets annual performance goals, development objectives and assesses performance
- Maintains high levels of employee engagement.
- Provides input / feedback on individuals providing support to Performance Solutions
- Is a member of the Global L&D Performance Solutions leadership team and provides support to the Head of Global L&D Performance Solutions in:Planning and facilitating Global L&D Performance Solutions meetings /activities
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.