Facilitators are people who enjoy hanging out at museums with their friends, and are eager to be paid to do that with our guests. An ideal Facilitator is excited and comfortable facilitating conversations to engage in other people’s curiosity. Adler Facilitators are flexible and able to adapt on the fly. They are excited to learn about space science and how to engage others in a way that makes science approachable to all levels of learning.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous work with children, teachers or theater participants
- Strong interpersonal skills, a people person; must be comfortable talking with and approaching both adults and children of all backgrounds
- An enthusiastic and positive personality with a demonstrated ability to present a professional demeanor, positive attitude, and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong aptitude for science
- Ability to work and multi-task with grace in a fast-paced, high stimulation environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least one year of experience working in a museum or educational setting
The Facilitation team lives and works through a set of Core Values: Empower, Welcome, Collaborate and Play. We welcome our guests and find ways to empower them to learn through our outstanding exhibits and programs. We engage people in meaningful play, because that’s where the learning happens. The Facilitation team takes science, but not always themselves, seriously, and enthusiastically champions the Adler in service of inspiring exploration of that mind-blowing thing we call our Universe.
The Adler Planetarium is dedicated to complying with its obligations as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Our recruiting and hiring procedures are free of discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, covered veteran status, including disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans or any protected group status as defined by law.